Sunday, September 2, 2012

A couple small updates today

Added some bracing onto the engine cart.  I would've added the "x" brace to the rear of the cart also but I ran out of 2x4's and didn't feel like running back to the store.



...and hauled up a huge oak stump from my grandpaps yard, which I'm going to fashion into a beating pad to shape sheet metal.  Redneck engineering at its finest.  The cart worked well but did not like being dragged through the grass.  Though I did have enough room for my chainsaw, which is a big check under the victory column in my book.


Also built a cart to move it around on in the garage.  The thing weighs every bit of 250 lbs.


I'll probably let it dry over winter and then carve the contours in the top once its stable.  For the time being it will serve me well as a paperweight in severe wind storms, or as a workout implement.







No comments:

Post a Comment