Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A little progress tonight..

I've been amassing pieces / fittings for a steam vent crossover for the engine.  1/8" NPT to -4AN adapters that thread into adapters that bolt into the block.  I have two tight spots on the front driver's and rear passenger's side that will need addressed.  Not sure how best to handle it yet.  The problem is exacerbated when the intake is torqued down and I don't want to risk developing cracks in the intake (plastic).



This spot on the passenger front of the block has just a straight adapter that will get a manifold block that collects all the lines individually before being sent out to the rad / expansion tank.


I intend to machine that myself, but here's a cross section of what that will look like...3 inlets and one outlet to the rad (upper right).


Also got a few more parts in.  Russell fittings for my fuel filter / pump to adapt to my -AN hardlines, along with a Borgeson DD telescoping steering shaft and one of my Flaming River chromoly u-joints.  I'll be building my own lower profile steering shaft to enhance header clearance and also to withstand the heat better.  The stock shaft has a rubber rag joint that would be nested in the driver's side header.  Waiting on the other u-joint, but will need to measure before I trim it to length.




No comments:

Post a Comment