Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Got my camshaft bearing remover/installer today.  Some assembly required.


I've got an idea of the final dimensions but still have to review my tolerances.  But this is the general concept.  The idea of the wooden ball is that once it's drilled to fit the rod, it will help to keep the line of action parallel to the bore of the bearings by contacting the perimeter of an adjacent bore.  The idea of the o-rings is to prevent metal to metal contact between the OD of the driver and the bearing babitt material.


Universal bearing installers / removers were north of $200 bucks and got mixed reviews.  An LS1 specific tool I found was $90+shipping, and also got mixed reviews.  I got all the materials to make this tool for $35.  I hope to machine it this weekend - I'm borrowing some lathe time from a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment