Monday, November 5, 2012

Got another chamber done tonight.

Before.  Notice the shrouding around the intake valve and the texture in the casting.



During.  Shrouding blended out and bowl edges worked in.



Finished, after #220 wet sand and polish with a felt wheel on the dremel.  The aluminum mag polish seems to work pretty well.


Still to do on this one is clean up the valves and lap the valve seats.  I also tried out my flatstone on a section of the head, which is why it looks like a honed finish.  IPA alcohol seemed to keep the stone from clogging up - I tried water and it starting collection a lot of particles. 

My timing chain dampener also came today and I got that put together and mocked up.  The adapter plate is secured to the block with the bottom 3 bolts of the camshaft retainer plate, and has mounting bosses that the LS2 dampener presses and bolts onto.  The dampener is not compatible with the LS1 spacing, so I figured this was the best solution over drilling into the block or hacking up a damper and worrying about it coming apart.  I hope that it will help to alleviate any timing chain problems.




No comments:

Post a Comment