Monday, March 10, 2014

Still pluggin along here.

Coated a couple alternator parts over the weekend.  Not perfect, but what I'm going to call good enough.  I cleaned everything really well before laying down powder and made sure I allowed them to cure long enough in the oven.  I haven't tried beating the hell out of them but I haven't been gentle with them either - the coating seems to be as durable as it should be.  I had started putting the alternator back together but broke the plastic brush holder during this process, so I'm waiting on a replacement for it before I can continue.


Also sandblasted my power steering cooler loop.  I will be welding a -6AN bung on the end where I cut off the hose.  Crappy picture but it's the only one I have.


I've also been working on cleaning up the engine bay.  I removed all the sound deadening / heat shielding, disconnected the abs pump, brake booster, and clutch master cylinder.  I'll also be shaving all the unused brackets and will probably prep to at least re-spray the bay in Alpine.  Probably the only opportunity I'm going to have for a long time to do this, so I'm going to take advantage of it and spend a little time to clean it up.



Aside from this stuff, I've been trying to get the M3 engine/trans sold and shipped out along with one of the 2 catback exhausts, interior parts, and some other things.  A bit of a frustrating period - parts everywhere and not much time to work on anything.  Doesn't help either that the goddamn pallet that the m3 dropout is sitting on is consuming pretty much all of the free garage space I have.

Moving forward though - I intend to pick up a bare LS1 block to use for mockup purposes for setting up my driveline angles.  Need to also pick up the transmission and leveling jack stands before I can get down with that business.  Oh and I also need to run a 220V line to feed my TIG welder out in the garage. 

Time to get busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment