Thursday, April 25, 2013

A bit more progress tonight on the driver's side floor

Some more wire wheeling on the rear section of the floor to reveal the good and bad.


Damage along the seam where the seat bench meets the floor.  Looks like moisture crept in here over time through the rocker and ate it up.  All of this will need to be cut out and replaced.


Rear section cut out.  I left the mounting boss for the seat attached to give me a chance to figure out how I'm going to preserve those dimensions.


Thinking my seat bench patch is going to look like this.


Almost to the point where I can start replacing metal.  I'll start to feel better when I get to the point that I'm adding solidarity to the structure rather than cutting out rot.  One day at a time I suppose.


No comments:

Post a Comment